Lost the front/ back door keys to your house?
You come home from a long day at work only to find that you can’t get into your house. And it looks like you left the keys inside on the kitchen counter! You can feel all sorts of emotions in that moment, such as frustration or guilt or even rage. So the last thing you want is a large invoice from damaging your property to get into your house.
What if you have a child that needs immediate help inside? Or you need to turn the speed on your pool cleaner down to avoid the machine from breaking down?
It’s reasons like this that you need a professional service to help you get into your home. A Locksmith in Calabasas can unlock your front/ back door easily and save you a lot of time and grief. We are AA 24 Hour Key Services Calabasas and our number is (818) 674- 4078 if you need immediate support to get back into your house. However, if you still want to do it yourself, try these methods while you wait for help to arrive.
Here are 7 things you can do when your house keys are missing:
- Make sure you are safe and are in a safe neighborhood if you happen to lose your keys at night.
- Nothing is more important than your well- being, so make sure you’re safe first before looking for your keys.
- Look for a spare key
- It’s always a good idea to have a spare set of keys around the house to prevent this kind of thing from happening. If you have them but can’t find them right this moment, look under your doormat for starters. That’s the easiest place to keep them since it’s easy to remember their location.
- Search for an unlocked window around your house.
- You may still have an unlocked window or another opening in your house that you could climb through. If you need leverage to enter, look for boxes or garbage bins around the side of your house.
- Try removing the knob to your door.
- There are knobs that you can easily pry off like a circular knob, but please use extreme caution if you attempt to do this as you can break your door handle and then you have another problem on your hands. Refer to a locksmith in Calabasas if this method doesn’t suit you well.
- Use a bobby pin or a poker card
- If you have some dexterity or are good with your hands, give this method a whirl. Use a bobby pin to manipulate the pins inside the lock to grant you access. If that doesn’t work, try sliding a classic playing card down the side to try and push the lock aside in the event that the door was not properly locked.
- Get in through the garage
- If you have a garage door, maybe you forgot that you had a garage door opener under the flap over the dash! This can happen in the heat of the moment, so don’t be too embarrassed- chances are your neighbor has been through this too!
- Call a Locksmith
- If you have exhausted all of your options, then it’s time to get a Locksmith in Calabasas to open that dang door of yours! Locksmiths are professionals at picking locks and making keys so they will help you open the door as carefully as possible.
- They will help you gain entry to your property by cutting a new key for you on the spot and/or changing the lock afterward. That way, your house is secure from anyone trying to break in in the future.
- AA 24 Hours Locksmith Calabasas will cut a new key to get into your house immediately.
- We can also provide quick service on arriving at the location such as reassuring that your house will be safe, changing your lock for security prevention, and even offering advice on how to upgrade your home security so this doesn’t happen again in the future.
Get Locksmith Calabasas on the line
Contact AA 24 Hours Locksmith Calabasas today at (818) 674-4078 and we’ll arrive at your location in 20 minutes or less. A locksmith in Calabasas will pick the lock and get you back inside so you can feel safe and secure in your home again. Additionally, we’re available around the clock, 24 Hours a day, so you can reach us anytime you need us. So don’t break your window! Call AA 24 Hours Locksmith Calabasas today!